Author Topic: How to build darbuka heads?  (Read 2295 times)

OnTheRun

• View Profile
How to build darbuka heads?
« on: April 06, 2015, 06:18:30 AM »
I would like to replace my darbuka head, by myself, and I would like some tips if anyone can help. I already am in the possession of good plastic, I'd only love to hear some opinions on how it would be best to go about building the drum head.
Thanks in advance!

!Dumdeedumdumdum!

Gary

• View Profile
Re: How to build darbuka heads?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 07:32:29 AM »
I'm no experts, but I'd like to bounce off a few ideas, if I can.
First, make sure you have an adjustable, flexible, ring, so you can use it for the form of your head. Use it to shape the sheet metal into a circle, use metal shears to cut everything and make sure it's really tight at the edges! This is important. Then just bend and shape your head material in place. Done :) Hope it helps!
-- think positive! --

james

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 05:19:14 AM »
Are you seriously looking to build one? Are you sure you don't need to just replace it?
'cause if you do, this video is quite useful:

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive!

Abdul raheem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 05:18:47 PM »
WowÖ Thank you so much James for sharing that, itís really interesting to see that. I believe itís better that we contact expert in changing it, I am not saying we canít do it, but without experience itís not going to be easy and if we donít do it correctly, it will have effect on sound.

Saqeef Khan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 09:02:11 AM »
I would suggest you to replace it completely because itís tough to only build the head, it might be possible but you will not find the sound as you do normally, so itís much better that you replace it completely with help of that video provided by James.