Author Topic: Is Darbuka the greatest instrument?  (Read 1147 times)

Saqeef Khan

• View Profile
Is Darbuka the greatest instrument?
« on: May 12, 2015, 06:17:28 AM »
My question is a slightly newbie type because itís only recently that I have started to take so much interest in Darbuka, I have found so many other instruments like Oud and others, so I am eager to know which is the best out of all these?

hylian_shieldmaiden

• View Profile
Re: Is Darbuka the greatest instrument?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 10:54:48 AM »
There is no right answer to this. The answer will be different for every person :)

For me, it's hard to decide which instrument I like the best, but I think it's a tie between the qanun and the nay, with durbakke, oud, and ocarina in a close second :)

Hazeem Shiek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 09:12:26 AM »
I think Hylian already made the correct point itís impossible to say which is the best, I really like Darbuka but I wonít go so far in saying itís the greatest as I have not tried it all, so only a person who have done it all can give a honest answer.

Amil Maqbool

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 03:03:30 PM »
Hi Saqeef, I donít know perfect answer but for me itís definitely a vital part of instrument collection, but then everything is complete without others, so the value of Darbuka is definitely more, but alone you wonít really find it that good, so thatís why you canít really call one instrument as perfect.

Umer ul zaidi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 12:56:54 PM »
Every instrument has itís own quality and we should never compare, as you canít do the work that Oud does from Darbuka or vice-versa. Its disrespect to these great instruments to compare them with each other, so in short every instrument is classic!