Author Topic: Remo Darbuka or Pearl Darbuka?  (Read 3003 times)

Sam

• View Profile
Remo Darbuka or Pearl Darbuka?
« on: April 29, 2015, 01:03:38 PM »
Hey
Can someone tell me what are the differences between the remo solid darbuka and the Arabic darbuka covers with pearl?
Are they used for the same purpose?  What about the sound? Which one is better?

Any comments will be great.

Thanks
Sam    ::)

Sarfaraz Khan

• View Profile
Re: Remo Darbuka or Pearl Darbuka?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 05:15:54 AM »
Itís obviously used for same purpose and there is really not a massive difference, but itís just that Pearl Darbuka is much more traditional, as people are connected to this and with the Remo Darbuka, itís just a much upgraded version but at the end I donít find massive difference in two.

Al-Abbasi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 04:10:53 PM »
Thanks Sarfaraz for mentioning the difference, I am looking to purchase Pearl Darbuka from this web site only, as I have collected my pocket money and now I am just looking for the best piece, itís nice to know the difference, so I am able to select much better.

Hazeem Shiek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 09:17:41 AM »
There is no big difference but itís just in sounding as with Remo Darbuka you will find it stronger and with Pearl Darbuka you will find the sound been much sweeter and light to ears, so both are decent but Pearl is a great pleasure to hear.

Umer ul zaidi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 12:59:27 PM »
Both are my favorites as I really addicted to Darbuka, it does not matter what kind of. I had both Remo and Pearl Darbuka, but I replaced the Pearl one as it was very old and the wood was creating noise which was not pleasing at all.

Habib ul hamdi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 05:10:15 AM »
I like Pearl much more as I have that only and I find it very attractive, I have used Remo one too and I donít think anyone can hate that but at the same time, itís all about preference and for me Pearl is very cool so I go with that only.

hylian_shieldmaiden

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 12:44:18 PM »
They're both very nice durbakkes that sound great, but there's not a very big difference in sounds between the two. The Pearl's body is made of aluminum, and the Remo's body is made of some kind of special wood product.  The kind of drum head you use on them often makes more of a difference to the sound than the body of the drum.

Kalasinar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 08:01:24 AM »
It is so hard to get an accurate idea of sound quality from videos, it is impossible to tell which would be better because of so many variables affecting the video quality. I would really love to try a Remo darbuka someday because i have read so much hype about them but they are very expensive. The comments posted here from owners of Remo drums however is very interesting, thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have a Pearl darbuka with a Remo skin and love the sound it produces so i am happy with just this, but if someday i am ever able to try a Remo, i might get one too!