Author Topic: What's everyone's favorite drum size?  (Read 1927 times)

nobody-here

• View Profile
What's everyone's favorite drum size?
« on: April 02, 2015, 06:17:45 AM »
Just wondering, what's everyone favorite size when it comes to playing the darbuka?
Classic Mother of Pearl, new generation darbuka, sombaty, dohola.. which do you prefer and why?
Is it true the bigger the size, the better the sound?

Shhh! There's nobody here!

Sarfaraz Khan

• View Profile
Re: What's everyone's favorite drum size?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 05:23:37 AM »
Actually I believe that the smaller the size is the pure the sound will come, itís not going to get better if the size is great instead it will just take away that pureness which comes only with a normal size, so I always prefer that instead of going over the broad.

Omar Madni

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 06:07:39 AM »
Actually I believe that the smaller the size is the pure the sound will come, itís not going to get better if the size is great instead it will just take away that pureness which comes only with a normal size, so I always prefer that instead of going over the broad.

In my view this is not always the case mate, it is definitely a factor, but it wonít make a massive difference, but yes you will feel easier with size been smaller and in case if itís bigger then itís tough to handle especially if you donít have experience.

Abdul Shams

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 04:22:47 PM »
For beginners, it is definitely better to start with smaller size and once we get used to it then we can slowly go for bigger ones. I wonít say that small are better, but I do agree with easy part. I have seen most professional using medium size.

Al-Abbasi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 03:54:11 PM »
I believe that a normal size is good enough which is usually 23-25 inch, itís very tough to manage anything over size, itís okay for a group, but if we are alone players then itís better to use the size that I mention above, itís more comfortable.

Wad-Al-Kurashi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 04:33:04 PM »
We should be selecting the size thatís comfortable and it does not matter whether itís big or small, if we are comfortable with it then there is absolutely nothing else that we should look at and I select with what i feel most comfortable.