Author Topic: What are your favorite maquams?  (Read 1520 times)

Loona

• smile! it's the best medicine!
    • View Profile
What are your favorite maquams?
« on: March 20, 2015, 04:25:48 AM »
Does anyone have any favorite maquams? Well, of course you do! Oud lovers always do :P
(for whoever is new at this, a maquam is a set of notes, that follow a certain pattern, in arab music)

smile all the time!

OnTheRun

• View Profile
Re: What are your favorite maquams?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 04:46:40 AM »
I don't actually have a favorite, seeing how I'm actually still learning about this stuff.
I do, however, "fancy" the Jiharkah, it has a nice high pitch, but, again, I don't have an absolute favorite :)
!Dumdeedumdumdum!

Just_Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 04:25:59 AM »
The Jiharkah is actually a nice one! But I'm just like you, OnTheRun, I don't have a favorite one. I like them all! At first I was amazed by how different they are from one another, but now I'm almost able to recognize them :)
:) Dan :)

MisterK007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 06:07:11 AM »
First of all, it's called a maqam, but it's OK, many call it maquam as well, or maqvam... I've seen it written in so many ways!

And second of all, I would just like to share the types of maqam here, for everyone to see: Wikipedia has a full list of the maqam families and you acn also listen to how they sound :) Enjoy! 
When life gives you lemons...

Saad Ayman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 06:28:21 AM »
I wonít say this is my favorite but mostly I like Jiharkah most, itís just better but remember itís not exactly my favorite, as i find all very similar, so itís tough to say which in particular is my favorite, but definitely The Jiharkah is slightly ahead of rest.