Author Topic: Do you have any tips for a new oud player?  (Read 2173 times)

MusicalMarvin

• View Profile
Do you have any tips for a new oud player?
« on: January 06, 2015, 02:47:26 PM »
Iím still learning how to play the oud.  Iíve very excited and like the videos that I see on YouTube.  Can anyone give this new player some tips?

TootFlute

• View Profile
Re: Do you have any tips for a new oud player?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 02:58:46 PM »
Iím still learning how to play the oud.  Iíve very excited and like the videos that I see on YouTube.  Can anyone give this new player some tips?

My tip is to keep on practicing.  You know what they say about practice.  Well, it might not make you perfect.  But, thatís the only way youíre going to get anywhere near it!

OudforGuitarists

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 10:16:17 PM »
Keep listening to middle eastern music, and good Oud players like Simon Shaheen, and Said Chraibi. Get it in your heart and soul.

4our

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 11:56:19 AM »
I love middle eastern music, it's why I really want to learn! I have some basic knowledge from back when I used to play the guitar, I know this is different but at least I can hold an oud in my hands without dropping it on the floor! lol!
Ouds are the real ancestors of modern guitars!

music_fan_23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 09:15:51 AM »
I do agree that practice makes perfect, but I still think a good oud teacher is way better than learning how to ply by yourself... It's not that easy, at least I don't find playing the oud easy at all!
Music is what feeds the soul!

Abdul raheem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 05:14:04 PM »
My tip is to be passionate about the work, as it does not matter how much practice we do till we donít have the fire in belly, itís all time waste. If we have the passion for it then even with less practice we will do just fine.

Amil Maqbool

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 05:04:47 PM »
Although Itís not easy to that but you need to bring passion into play, itís one of the key factors in anything, if we are passionate about what we do then itís always good and also you must continue with regular practice, itís the best way to go about things.